Roleplaying Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secondrate Heroes

4 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Secondrate Heroes - Page 4 Empty Winchell Octavian

Post  evan..relic Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:45 am

"Looking around, I would agree with that moniker. I would suppose my 'street name' would be Octo." Winchell adjusted himself so he was lying down in midair on top of his extra arms.

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Secondrate Heroes - Page 4 Empty Grigori Klopov

Post  Vilkas Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:10 am

"Rasputin"

Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Secondrate Heroes - Page 4 Empty Delta

Post  The Family God Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:21 am

Delta raised one arm, his voice chiming in, "Delta, if it is of any concern."

The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:55 am

Winchell nodded as he took in everyone's names. Descending to his feet, he looked up and down the central well to see the floors and nodded.

Looking over to Hoodlum and Rasputin, "How are your wounds feeling?"

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Secondrate Heroes - Page 4 Empty Re: Secondrate Heroes

Post  Vilkas Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:57 am

Rasputin chuckled and said "well, since I can't feel my own skull anymore I'd say I'm pretty good"

Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:28 am

"Your serum poisoned me and now I can't feel my leg. I'm going to have to amputate it, and it's all your fault," Diana said in a deadpan voice, but couldn't help the small joking smile that formed on her lips afterwards.

"So I've already got that you're all not with the Joker or anyone. What are your plans?" Diana knew they couldn't keep running around the city forever. She knew that normal civillians could go about their daily lives (albeit living in constant fear), but metahumans like these guys or vigilantes against the authority like herself didn't have a daily life.

Diana wasn't Batman, but she was sure that given time, she wondered if she could figure out a way to kick these villains out of Gotham, and at least take back the city. She may spend her nights fighting crime, but she was a secondrate hero at best. If the justice league fell, what chance did they have? She shook her head; now wasn't the time to have doubts.
Wiccan
Wiccan

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:31 am

Winchell shook his head, "Haha." He said in a flat voice.

Thinking for a moment, "Plans? Well do we know what these villains did to take down the heroes in the first place?"
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:45 am

Delta nodded once, "The many-armed one has a point. Finding out the origin of the virus, and whomever manufactured and or released it, will certainly be far better than any other basic plan, such as simply 'upholding the law'."
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:49 am

"A virus that eats away at their metagenes; the source of any of a meta-humans powers. There's no way they could've brought down all those heroes without that new virus that they teamed up to make; usually the Justice League hears about these things early enough to stop them from happening, but I guess they weren't early enough for this," Diana said grimly. She couldn't take credit for all of her knowledge; she had gotten access to Oracle's network thanks to a friendand had briefly eavesdropped on their conversation before Oracle had noticed someone had hacked into their secure network, and promptly kicked her off.

"I heard the virus started here in Gotham, so I've been trying to think of how to get my hands on a sample of the virus. If I could just get an analysis of it..." The virus would'nt affect her because she didn't have any metahuman genes, but she didn't want to risk getting her hands on it, and then accidentally doing something to infect even more people. But then of course, she would have to get past all the villains that ran gotham, and patrolled gotham in search for any meta-human survivors, to actually get her hands on a sample.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:53 am

"If we could get our hands on a sample of the virus, I could reverse engineer it to find a cure, but if I'm right, the villains probably have it under lock and key." Winchell thought for a moment.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:08 pm

"We got a bigger problem: dealing with the villains so we can get the virus and get to the heroes in the first place" Grigori replied "let's face it, we can't rely on the heroes to save our asses. They are all out of commission. Even if we make a cure, who knows how long that'll take. We can't let the fate of the world rest on a possible cure that's a long shot at best. The bottom line is: we're on our on"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:50 am

"Rasputin does have a point," He crossed his real arms again, "Many villains here do have some sort of meta-gene in them." Then a thought hit him, "If I could gain access to my personal lab or one of the more advanced labs around Gotham, I could... No, never mind. That wouldn't work, it would take too long."

Walking around in tight circles to help his nerves, he sighed, there had to be a way.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:11 am

"Point - missing it" Grigori said sarcastically "I'm saying forget fighting with viruses and actually fight these guys face to face"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:50 am

"Okay, fine. But what if we were to fight these guys on both fronts? A two-pronged attack if you will." Winchell stopped turning and faced Rasputin.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:57 am

"So we have to stoop to their level?" Grigori countered "are we so weak we must rely on a virus to weaken our enemies?"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:06 am

Pinching the bridge of his nose, "I am merely looking at all possible courses of attack Rasputin." Winchell turned around to look down the central well, "I am well aware if we are to take the villains down, we will have to fight them head on. But in terms of superiority, they are higher than us, it would be an uphill battle if we were to take them on as of now. I am looking for ways to level the field."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:08 am

"There are better ways, such as take them out one at a time. Slowly gain ground. And I'm sure there are other lesser known heroes like us that slipped past the villains' notice that we can recruit to help us"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:15 am

Thinking it over, "Both points are valid, especially recruitment of others. The biggest problem that I can see is that if we were to go that route, eliminating one by one, the more prominent villains may take notice and take action. And as our state stands, we would be wiped out if they did."

((We ought to wait.))
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:58 am

Diana listened in on their plans, nodding in the appropriate places. They both had a point, well, except for Rasputin's remark about stooping to their level. She had no problem with that.

"Wiping them out with their own weapon though. Wouldn't that be wonderfully ironic?" Diana said in a dreamy voice. "But you're both right. If anything we should recruit more people and try and come up with some sort of plan to take them all down. Maybe hit 'em where it hurts."
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Delta emulated a sigh, "While the plan 'Octo' has come up with would ensure a quick victory and fewer deaths, I would suppose Rasputin's plan is much more direct and precise. Both have their own merits and problems that arise from what each entails, but if I could offer any advice, it would be to pursue both tactics. Take out the main members of the opposition precisely, but attempt to find means of reverse-engineering the virus all the same," he offered, barely moving now to try and conserve energy.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:09 am

Winchell sighed, "The tin can speaks the truth, both plans have their merits..." Thinking for a moment, "I think I might know someone who would be willing to help. He lives in the Gotham area to boot." He smiled, "He knows his way around direct and indirect combat."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:42 pm

"I don't suppose you have any way of contacting him?" Diana asked from her place one level up. She had ran up quickly to grab herself a snackbar, and walked back down the stairs, ripping the wrapper away with her teeth.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:36 pm

"No, I do not, electronics act...funny around him. My arms don't." Taking a deep breath, he continued, "Before all of this started, we made a pact, if anything were to happen in Gotham, we'd meet at the museum, second floor. I was on my way there when I ran into all of you. His father was the museum's curator so he allowed my friend, Cecil to store things there like rations, some weapons, ammo. I even stored enough of my serum there for four doses, as well as some...upgrades for my arms."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:49 pm

Delta nodded, "Perhaps the museum should be our next destination, then?" he commented, "Gathering those valuable materials before any sort of violent action would increase chances of survival and success significantly, and would be a wise decision in general."
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:48 pm

"The museum?" Grigori replied "Shit, we better step on it! I heard 'Guin was on his way there!"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:17 am

"Guin?" Winchell wondered aloud, thinking on it, "Oh, Penguin..." He stopped for a moment, "Crap sticks on toast, we have to get there now!" He raced back out the door they had gone through to get in.

((He's impulsive when a friend is in danger.))
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:01 am

"Hey, meta-octopus, hold up!" Diana called out as she bit down on her snack bar to hold it while she hooked on her belt and other utilities. Once she had everything she hurried up the stairs and out the door after Winchell. She didn't think this was a good idea, to be racing to a place where they knew the Penguin and his gang would be, but Winchell was already racing away, and they couldn't just let him go off by himself.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:06 am

Delta stood up with a grumble, turning about on his metal legs and heading out through the doorway. Almost immediately, his solar generator started to kick in as they made it out into the open, recharging his dangerously low battery just enough to keep him stable.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:59 pm

Grigori groaned and muttered as he ran after the others "right, we're actually going to take down the f*cking 'Guin""
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:22 am

Climbing and springing over buildings with the aid of his arms, now fully extended to their 30 foot length, he stopped on the roof of a building directly across from the museum and viewed the ground.

He could see a crowd of people down below, he had a bad feeling that the Penguin was either in that crowd or already in the museum, "Shit..." He muttered.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next