Roleplaying Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secondrate Heroes

4 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Secondrate Heroes - Page 5 Empty Winchell Octavian

Post  evan..relic Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:17 am

"Guin?" Winchell wondered aloud, thinking on it, "Oh, Penguin..." He stopped for a moment, "Crap sticks on toast, we have to get there now!" He raced back out the door they had gone through to get in.

((He's impulsive when a friend is in danger.))

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Secondrate Heroes - Page 5 Empty Re: Secondrate Heroes

Post  Wiccan Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:01 am

"Hey, meta-octopus, hold up!" Diana called out as she bit down on her snack bar to hold it while she hooked on her belt and other utilities. Once she had everything she hurried up the stairs and out the door after Winchell. She didn't think this was a good idea, to be racing to a place where they knew the Penguin and his gang would be, but Winchell was already racing away, and they couldn't just let him go off by himself.

Wiccan

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Secondrate Heroes - Page 5 Empty Delta

Post  The Family God Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:06 am

Delta stood up with a grumble, turning about on his metal legs and heading out through the doorway. Almost immediately, his solar generator started to kick in as they made it out into the open, recharging his dangerously low battery just enough to keep him stable.

The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:59 pm

Grigori groaned and muttered as he ran after the others "right, we're actually going to take down the f*cking 'Guin""

Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:22 am

Climbing and springing over buildings with the aid of his arms, now fully extended to their 30 foot length, he stopped on the roof of a building directly across from the museum and viewed the ground.

He could see a crowd of people down below, he had a bad feeling that the Penguin was either in that crowd or already in the museum, "Shit..." He muttered.

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:58 am

Delta caught up with Winchell, altering his settings back to their neutral state. "Do we have a plan of action?" he asked quietly, looking to the one with the mechanical arms.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:06 am

"Best bet is to find a way to get rid of the people down there, my arms were actually designed to allow myself to reach up to the windows. If Cecil is in the room like we had planned, then he'll have everything packed already and ready to go. Extraction in less than 90 seconds on the outside." He looked up at the bot.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:12 am

"Stupid robots and robotic arms..." Diana huffed as she jumped from roof to roof, rolling when she needed to lessen the impact before racing off again. Delta had already zoomed past her, so she got to where the others had stopped to observe last.

"Well then we just need a distraction," Diana said with a grin as she pulled out three small devices. "This is a little gem I might have stumbled across while stalking the bats a while back. I think Robin used it to create a Batman hologram. Of course, the real Batman can't be found right now, but nothing scares terror into goons like the Bat, right?"

It was a gamble, she knew. She was counting on the off chance that the majority of the people down there were indeed Penguins goons, and that they still had that fear of Batman even though they had control over Gotham.

"The best it would probably do would make them panic and scatter, and maybe I could take a few goons down under the guise of Batman and a smoke screen, but getting rid of them is what you mainly want right? And then you could sneak in..." Diana suggested, suddenly a little self conscious that her idea was a stupid one, and a little reckless.

(( Yeah okay I'm stealing a trick from the Robin comics but it worked like a charm okay. Feel free to totally shoot down the idea too. ))
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Secondrate Heroes - Page 5 Empty Winchell Octavian & Cecil Hunt

Post  evan..relic Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:23 am

Winchell scanned the crowd, "The majority of them are holding guns it seems, so I would say that they are 'Guin goons. Guin himself is probably inside. Go for it Hoodlum. But please, if things get too hot, get out immediately. We'll rendezvous back at the hideout."

---

Cecil paced the room nervously, he could hear Penguin shouting orders below him, his hyper sensitive ears picking up on it easily. When will Winchell get his robotic ass here? He already had all of their supplies packed away. He resisted the urge to go to the window for fear of alerting the mob down below.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:33 am

"Roger, captain," Diana did a mini salute and grinned.

"Don't worry about me. I can handle myself. Good luck, both of you." She blew kisses at the two before the others made for the museum. Alone on the rooftop, she set up the three emiters at different levels, one on the top of the building, one attatched to the wall, and one she threw onto the ground near the back of the mob. Diana already knew what the hologram would do, since she tested it out when she found it, but she hoped she didn't screw this up. Pulling out a small controller, she flicked it on, and the looming image of Batman itself suddenly popped into view on the top of the building where the first device was.

Merging into the back of the crowd, she pulled out her gun, shot it at the sky, and yelled, "It's the Bat!" in her best impression of a New York Gangster. As expected, the mob turned around, their eyes focused on the image of Batman as the hologram suddenly jumped from the edge and swooped down towards them. A bunch of the mobsters paniced and pulled out their guns, and just as Batman reached the mob, Diana dropped a smoke bomb and pulled a mask over her face.

In the cover of the smoke, she started picking off the mobsters one by one, using martial arts, shuriken and occasionally shooting off her gun. The screams of her victims were enough to scare a lot of the mobsters off, but she knew that that was only because they thought they were being attacked by the bat. She could hear guns being shot off in the distance, people blindly shooting in the smoke from panic and fear. She dropped another smoke bomb when the smoke started to thin out; she couldn't risk her cover, and she hoped that she was causing enough of a distraction for Winchell to sneak by.

(( I'M SO SORRY I'M WRITING LIKE A NOVEL. ))
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:39 am

Winchell, seeing that the ruse was working like he hoped, coiled his arms like a spring under him and used the tensile strength the launch himself across the street and right at the windows. Digging five of the six claws into the bricks, he smashed the window in, "Cecil!"

Cecil jumped, "Finally!" Grabbing the bag, he swung it on to his back and leaped at Winchell. Curling the free arm around Cecil, he dropped down and used his arms to absorb the impact.

Seeing the cloud of smoke and hearing the commotion, "What the hell?"

Looking at Cecil, "No time to explain. Let's go." Not letting go, he ran for the opposite builidings and began climbing, "I made some friends. We're going back to our hideout."

"Fine."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:16 am

Diana's mental countdown came to the end, and she figured Winchell had enough time to get out of there. Just in time, for her second smokebomb was starting to disperse and she didn't have any more. She had taken a few hits, after all it was like 30 against one, but she trained herself to fight blind and they didn't.

She was in the middle of the mob, and her movements were a little sluggish, so she didn't feel bad about taking out her gun and shooting people down to make her way out. When she ran out of bullets, she pulled out a knife, but someone caught her hand from behind and twisted it, making he groan and loose grip of it. It clattered to the ground as the offender behind her twisted her arm behind her back and shoved her to the ground.

"Boss!" She heard a deep voice coming from above her, indicating her attacker was probably a large, buff male. What was left of the gang parted as a man walked through, displeasure clear on his face, his long pointed nose wrung up in disgust.

"What's the matter, Penguin? Your feathers are looking a little ruffled," Diana joked, but it earned her a headsmash against the pavement. She groaned, feeling fresh blood run down her head. She could barely hear others talking, her ears ringing.

"No one else?"

"Just her, all the other bodies are ours."

"There was another one, we got into the museam and then back out, didn't see what he grabbed."

"Well go find them! She was obviously just a distraction!" The Penguin huffed as she shooed off some of his men. "Dozens of men taken down by one girl, hwah!" He scoffed, sounded scarily like an actual penguin.

Diana pursed her lips, hoping the others would be able to loose the Penguins henchmen. There were still a lot left; they seemed to have regrouped after figuring out she wasn't really Batman.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:23 am

Winchell landed on the roof, Cecil twisted in his grip, "There's a girl down there! Penguin's got her pinned!"

Winchell cursed and whipped around, "Got any tricks up your sleeve?" He unwrapped his arm.

Cecil smiled, "Of course." He snapped his fingers and a small fireball appeared, "Once I got 'em running, you go in and get 'er."

Winchell nodded as Cecil began throwing fire with practiced ease, making sure a few hit Penguin square in the chest and hat.

((The fire's the product of a complex biological process, I'll explain later.))
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:29 am

Delta dropped from his perch moments later, swapping his armor into defense mode. His landing made more than a little bit of noise, the cement cracking beneath his metal boots. Looking to the group of people ahead of him, he took his gun from it's holster, turning off the safety and pointing it at the group.

"I will give each of you a chance to surrender, those who resist will be disabled," he called out, amplifying his voice and preparing his armor for a hail of bullets, his 'eyes' scanning for any violent activity in his direction.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:42 am

Winchell looked over the edge at Delta, "Is that tin can really trying to negotiate with them?"

Cecil chuckled as he hit a goon square in the head, "Friend of yours?"

Winchell shook his head, "Long story, I'll tell you later." He grabbed Cecil's Beretta from his holster and began firing into the crowd scoring one hit on two goons, "Crap. I suck at firearms."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:07 am

Delta felt the hail of bullets before he heard them, each of the tiny projectiles leaving tiny dents in his armor. With a groan, he tuned his targeting systems to aim for those who were firing. With surprising speed, his rubber-bullet-filled pistol fired away at each of his attackers, one bullet mistakenly aimed at Winchell due to Delta relying on the automated system for his targeting.

Whoops...hope I missed... he thought to himself, switching to manual aim and firing into the crowd.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:11 am

Winchell was thrown back to the ground when the misfired rubber bullet nailed him in the shoulder, "Ow! Son of a bitch you tin can!" He yelled. Cecil chuckled and kept throwing, but he knew he couldn't keep it up long, his energy was beginning to run low.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:36 am

The Penguin made a choking sound as he was suddenly bombared by fireballs, and he stepped back and quickly attempted to put out the fire. Diana felt the grip on her loosen with the distraction, and she quickly arched back and headbutted the guy behind her, before ripping her arms free, grabbing her knife from the ground beside her, and rolling out of his reach.

Penguin henchmen were stepping in front of their leader, defending him while firing out at someone behind her. Her head was swimming and she couldn't see straight, but she held her knife out in front of her, crouched in a defensive condition.

After Delta arrived, the Penguin shook his head and pointed madly at him. "Fire!" The goons aimed their weapons at Delta, and the newly arrived Winchell (she thought they were meeting back at the hideout?) but the bullets did not pierce his armor. "Take them down!"

Diana saw the man that had taken her down rush at her, and she struggled to defend herself as he threw a punch at her, but she still managed to block it.

"Winchell! Delta!" She hated yelling for help, but she couldn't focus right now and she was mad that they were here fighting all these goons (why were they here?) and she felt like she would pass out any moment.

(( Someone can help control the penguin and his goons? ))
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:45 am

(NPC control is a bit tricky for me, especially when they aren't mine, but I can control the ones attacking Delta)

Delta grumbled as his sensors began to detect a somewhat unsettling loss of structural integrity in his torso plate. Yes, yes, I get it. Bullets aren't nice, I don't need to be reminded with every shot... he thought to himself. Hearing Diana's call over the hail of gunfire, he quickly assessed the situation whilst firing into the mob.

Female ally is in likely physical danger, unknown and likely armed male approaching with malicious intent. Dispensing debilitation... Within mere moments, Delta fired a quick shot at the goon's leg, watching it connect at the man's side, breaking the joint from the concussive force. Injuries severe, target will recuperate in one to two weeks. With that, he continued firing into the mob.

Sure enough, many of the goons began to drop in pain from the concussive force of Delta's weapon, but for every one he helped take down, many more turned their focus on him. His sensors detected that one stray bullet had pierced his shoulder joint and had dented the hydraulics slightly. It wasn't severe damage, but it was a hint that he couldn't keep this up for long. Choosing to get into cover rather than soak up the bullets, he slid behind a cement roadblock, hearing the bullets hitting the wall at a fairly rapid rate. If he had to guess from here, there were at least five armed goons using their weapons like bullet-hoses at his position.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:49 am

Diana almost sighed with relief as the man went down, and she quickly ran to where Delta was, sliding beside him behind the roadblock. Once out of the line of fire, she collapsed, her back against the wall and the adreneline leaving her.

"Need to get out of here," She said to Delta, her words slurring. She pulled out a small explosive, intending to throw it behind her now that she was out of the middle of the mob, but she couldn't muster up the strength, and everything was tilting and fading in and out. "Did Winchell get..."

Her eyes fell closed; maybe she'd rest... just for a moment...

(( Hmm I want her to fight more, but I gave her that head wound earlier so that might be unrealistic. Should plan these things out better... UP TO YOU GUYS, SORRY, SHE'S UNCONCIOUS. ))
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:52 am

Winchell slipped the Beretta into Cecil's holster and leaped down from his his perch and landed beside Delta and Diana, putting his fingers on her neck, "Shit, she's out. Delta, how much energy you got left?" He said as he wrapped a metal arm around her body, "I'll get her back to base. Cecil will provide cover fire as long as he can."

Now tiring, Cecil cursed, Nerve discharge time... He thought. Closing his fists, he then extended his index finger. Pointing at the goons, a bright blue bolt erupted from his finger and struck each of the goons right in the chest.

Looking up at the bolts, "Shit. That ain't good."

((The nerve discharge is substantially weaker than the fire, but more accurate.))
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:06 am

Delta looked to the female for a moment, registering her words briefly. "You're right, I'll co-..." before he could finish her sentence, the female had fallen unconscious. Sure enough, the many-armed male had somehow made his way here under the hail of bullets. Once more, Delta took in the words after filtering them from the approaching gunfire, "It's not a concern of energy anymore, it's that I soaked up a little too much fire there. Didn't expect them to be so accurate," he replied, looking to the male, "What did you have in mind for an escape method?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:10 am

Winchell considered their options, he had one idea, but he only had one and it was near impossible to make more... "I have one idea, it was something I had been working on since I was young. It will disable them all in one go. But once it's active, we have to evac immediately before it gets us."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:14 am

Delta nodded once, "So long as it doesn't add to the unneeded casualties of today, be they friend or foe, nor does it harm me, then waste no time," he replied, blindly firing his pistol over the barrier to try and deter the goons.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:18 am

Winchell sighed as he reached into a pouch on his belt and pulled out a disc about the size of his palm. Cecil looked over the edge and saw the disc, "Are you shitting me? He's gonna use that?"

Throwing it into the crowd, he yelled over the din of gunfire, "INITIATE!" There was a sudden sound like a waterfall, the goons and Penguin started being drawn towards the disc, "OUT NOW!" He bellowed. Climbing up the side of the building, he grabbed Cecil around the waist and started to run on his arms towards the hideout.

((It's a gravity trap. It will disable them for about twenty minutes.))
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:41 am

Delta watched as the group of thugs were dragged into a single spot by some device unknown to him. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, he quickly holstered his weapon, set himself to his 'Acrobatics' setting, and leaped up after Winchell, returning to the rooftops he had dropped from not ten minutes ago.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:42 am

Now back at the hideout, Winchell dropped Cecil and placed Diana on the mattress that Cecil brought over and inspected the wound on the side of Diana's head, "Shit," He muttered, "This would look bad, if it weren't for what we have at our disposal."

Digging out a vial of serum, he sprayed it over the wound, almost immediately, the skin began to regrow and the blood matted in her hair began to vanish, sitting back, he sighed, "Now to wait for her system to realize what's happening."

Cecil looked around the hideout and chuckled, "Nice place here, quaint, very quaint."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:36 am

Diana slowly opened her eyes, and she could've sworn that just a second ago she was beside Delta fighting against the Penguin, but the familiar sight of her hideout is what came into view. Confused, she got up, but her head hurt a little, but just a dull throb like she'd been hit in the head--

Her hand shot to her head to carefully feel around. There was nothing there, how...

Diana's vision focused on Winchell. "I blacked out, didn't I?" She said, stopping herself from covering her face with her hands. This was embarrassing. "What happened?"
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:14 am

"Yes you did. I grabbed you and Cecil," Cecil waved, "and sacrificed the only gravity trap I had and booked it back here, Guin and and his goons won't find us very easily. I made sure of that."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:32 am

"Oh, um, thanks." Diana said, grateful that he made sure not to give away her hideouts location. She reached up to take off her domino mask, so she could see better without it. She supposed she could trust them all well enough now to let them actually see her face, but not enough for her name.

She gave Winchell a small smile before looking over at Cecil, who appeared to be checking the place out. "Is this your friend?"
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next