Roleplaying Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baten Kaitos

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Baten Kaitos - Page 3 Empty Torin Lupus

Post  Vilkas Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:59 am

"Mintaka does let out a lot of smoke. I would not surprised if I reeked of it"

Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Baten Kaitos - Page 3 Empty Zaerath Sola

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:07 am

Zaerath fumed, "What are you doing here you scum?" He wanted to avoid mentioning the End Magnus, Therasa was giving him a bad feeling, and he knew enough to trust in that feeling.

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Baten Kaitos - Page 3 Empty Re: Baten Kaitos

Post  Vilkas Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:46 am

"For the same item we were searching for on Sadal Suud" Torin explained. Lier joined the conversation and said "you have yet to tell us your name"
"Pardon my manners. I am Torin Lupus. Though your companion seems to prefer 'scum', which is fine by me"
"You seem unaffected by his insults"
"I am an Imperial Soldier"
"That explains nothing"
"That explains everything"
A horn sounded in the distance. Torin turned and said as he left "go to the fishermen and tend to any wounded, we will no doubt be headed for the castle to speak with King Ladekhan" Torin's usual polite tone turned grim as he added "I will not tolerate any harm to your king" And with that he left.

Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:25 am

Zaerath crossed his arms, "Something is wrong with that...soldier."

Must hurry... Therasa said in his ear, waving him off like swatting away a fly, "Patch, Lier, go tend to the village, I will follow the Imperials. Something about Ayme and him bugs me. Alright?"

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:36 am

Patch wasn't going to leave, but Lier dragged him away by the collar of his shirt.
--------------
At Castle Elnath, on the bridge that connected the throne room to the rest of the castle, Torin and his men fought with the king's men, easily gaining ground with their guns.

Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:39 am

Zaerath cursed when he saw the Imperials gaining ground against the Diadem royal forces. He had to get into the throne room somehow...

Then it hit him, running at the Imperial forces from behind, he leaped up and brought his Wings out and flew over them. Focusing, he used a burst of Wind to increase his speed. Landing on the other side of the royal army, he suddenly met a decision, fight with the army or rush into the throne room.

Realizing that even he could be overwhelmed by the Imperials, he rushed into the throne room, hoping that it was the right move.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:03 am

As the doors opened the king gave the signal for his guards to let the stranger pass. But before they could speak Torin called out "King Ladekhan! There does not need to be any more deaths! Come out! Let us end this!"
"Will you honor your ceasefire?"
"I give you my word!"
King Ladekhan, with two guards, walked out. The stranger would have to wait.

As the king stepped forward, one of Torin's men fired, piercing Ladekhan's side. "I ordered a ceasefire dammit!" Torin shouted. Another soldier was about to fire, but Torin quickly kicked his gun out of his hands. Amye flew to the scene, laughing. "What are you waiting for Torin? Kill Ladekhan, we have a magnus to find!" Ayme taunted. Torin knew there was no other option and ran for the king, taking a bullet to his left shoulder and right thigh. He got the king back into the throne room along with one of the king's guards.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:45 am

Zaerath watched the proceedings with mouth agape, "The heck?" He wondered aloud.

((I have no idea right now...))
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:54 am

Torin held his bleed shoulder as he slid to the ground against the door. Glaring at the guards, he said "well? Don't just stand there dumbfounded, help the king!" The guards scrambled around the king and helped him to the throne.

Torin looked at his thigh and chuckled weakly "same spot..."
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:29 am

Zaerath walked over to Torin, arms crossed "Mind explaining what the heck just happened there?" His tone was calm, he was impressed that Torin actually defended the king.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:36 am

Torin shifted so he could stand up with little discomfort and replied "Ayme - erk - must have been issued orders I was unaware of"

((Gotta go to the store. Be right back))
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:45 am

"But why did you save the king?" He looked over at the king on his throne.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:15 am

"I did it - erk - because King Ladekhan had honored the ceasefire. It was my fault he was hurt"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:25 am

Zaerath sighed, "You're clearly different than that Ayme character out there, why do you stay with them?" Again he looked over at the king, deep down he hoped that Lier and Patch would show up soon.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:44 am

"I-I did not believe leaving was possible... many have t-tried... but all of them d-died" Torin was having trouble keeping his voice even. His blood seemed thinner than what was natural, and he wa bleeding a lot.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:11 am

Zaerath's heart skipped a beat, for some reason, his heart went out to Torin, "Then why not be the first? Now that I think about, you're a good person deep down. You don't like hurting all of these people, do you?"
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:04 pm

Torin didn't answer. He pointed with an unsteady hand and said "Go... speak with King Ladekhan. He - erk - may know where to find the End Magnus... take it... before Ayme does... you cannot afford to wait for your companions"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:32 am

Turning to face the king, Zaerath looked back at Torin, then decided to take his advice. Walking up to King Ladekhan, he bowed, "Your majesty."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:27 am

Ladekhan dismissed his guards, obviously not worried about his injury, and instructed them to care for the alfardian standing in a pool of his own blood. The king then addressed Zaerath. He asked "How may I assist you?"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:42 am

Zaerath stood up, "Your majesty, my name is Zaerath, myself and a companion of mine came here at the request of a young man by the nickname of Patch. He was seeking help with the Alfardian soldiers that were terrorizing Nashira. This all came after myself and my companion were beset by that man over there," He pointed at Torin, "and several elites at the shrine of the End Magnus on Sadal Suud in the Moonguile Forest. They took the End Magnus when we had defeated the Guardian."

Taking a deep breath, he continued, "We came here specifically to find and protect the Diadem End Magnus.
It would seem that the Empire is collecting them."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:19 am

Ladekhan thought for a moment before replying "To your right there is a passageway to The Shrine of Winds. There, you may find this... End Magnus"

((The 'shrine' isn't anything more that a small dug-out cave where winds blow through and out the open ceiling.))
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:40 am

Bowing, "Thank you, your majesty."

Taking a few steps towards the passage, he suddenly froze, memory of what had transpired in the Moonguile, specifically the Guardian. He was sure that this End Magnus would be closely guarded.

Go... No time... Therasa said.

Shaking his head, he nodded, his eyes narrowing, mind set. Launching into a run, he dashed down the passage into the Cloudvents and the Shrine of the Winds beyond that.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:02 am

The Lord of the Rings Winds awaited at the end of the Cloudvents. He seemed to almost smile as Zaerath approached.

((Unlike the first guardian, this one doesn't talk it just fights.

Baten Kaitos - Page 3 180px-11))
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:34 am

((I see what you did thar...))

Zaerath froze in mid-step when he saw The Lord of the Winds, he whistled, "Nice birdie..." Clenching his fist, he summoned his weapon to hand.

He had the distinct feeling that his arrows were next to useless against this creature.

Without warning the Lord rushed him, it's feet not touching the ground, narrowly he danced out of the way, "An air battle?" Zaerath grinned, "So be it." He spun around and ran at the wall, planting his right foot on the wall, he launched himself into the air and brought out his Wings.

Soaring up to the top of the chamber, the Guardian looked up at him with an eerie smile, as if it was taunting him to make the next move. Then suddenly the Guardian rushed up at him, because he was smaller than the Guardian he had the slight advantage; dodging out of the way, he landed on the Guardian's neck and immediately sunk his blade into the vulnerable flesh.

The Lord shrieked loudly, disorientating Zaerath for a moment, the creature suddenly thrashed, throwing him and his blades from it's back. He hit the ground hard, but the cushion of air he managed to conjure softened the most devastating of the impact. Getting to his knees he wiped away a small driblet of blood from his nose and got shakily to his feet. He knew that he was going to be some kind of bruised later.

Leering at the Guardian, "That is it." Lifting off of the ground much quicker than he had anticipated, he aimed directly for the Lord's exposed chest. The full force of how fast he was going made the Guardian stumble back a step. With a wordless snarl, he drove the blade of his weapon into it's chest and, he hoped, into it's heart, so that the entire one blade was sunk in to the hilt.

The Guardian roared suddenly, thrashing from side to side, but this time, Zaerath would not be denied. He held on for dear life. Cursing, he twisted the weapon causing it's roar to ascend to an otherworldly shriek then into a range beyond his hearing.

Finally, the beast fell backwards, with Zaerath clinging to his weapon. Zaerath pulled the weapon from it's chest and leaped backwards and executed a mid-air somersault to land on his feet. He dismissed both his weapon and Wings as the body of the Guardian rapidly decomposed like the body of the Lord of the Spring's.

((I'll leave the next part to you.))
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:26 am

As with The Lord of the Spring, a golden magnus emerged from the body.

((To tired to elaborate now -_-))
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:47 am

Walking to the golden card, he slowly picked it up. Looking at it, he could feel the intense energy coming off of it. Tucking it into a pocket on the inside of his vest, he suddenly collapsed, tiredness and soreness crashing down on him like a tidal wave.

Breathing heavily, he pushed himself up, now was not the time to take a nap.

Slowly he trudged back through the Cloudvents, at the opening of the tunnel that would lead him back to the throne room, he began limping, his left leg in pain. Biting his tongue, he walked back into the throne room.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:55 am

A guard told Zaerath that the king, the alfardian and his companions could be found in the guest room in the west wing of the castle.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am

Zaearth nodded, taking a deep and sharp breath, he limped through the castle, hoping to find the West Wing.

Finally arriving at the door, he knocked several times before slumping against the door frame.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:45 am

Lier answered the door and immediately pulled Kaerath inside and onto a chair. Patch saw the blood and, finishing the bandages on the unconscious alfardian, went straight to helping Kaerath with an irritated "you're lucky I finished with the soldier, I can't multi-bandage"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:01 am

Zaerath chuckled, "I guess I am." He breathed a sigh of relief, "How is Torin over there?"
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next