Roleplaying Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonborn

4 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Dragonborn - Page 4 Empty Fyre

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:39 am

Gritting his teeth, Fyre cauterized his wound with a small spark of flame on the tip of his finger, "That...burns..." He chuckled at his pun.

Getting up, he returned the blade to it's sheath, "Here, I'll help." He said as he walked over to Elwyn. Placing pressure on her wounds, he waited for her to finish bandaging.

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 4 Empty Re: Dragonborn

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:19 am

Elwyn grit her teeth together as Fyre's hand replaced her own over the wound on her side. "Thanks," she said, noticing his hands were warm. She wondered if it was because he was just using fire earlier, or if it had something to do with him being a mancer.

She wound the bandages around her middle a few times before cutting it and tying it. She smiled at Fyre in gratitude before looking at his arm. "Is yours okay? You got hurt pretty bad." She held up the rest of the bandages, incase he wanted to use them.

Wiccan

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:25 am

"Nah. It's fine. This is a scratch compared the kind of things I had to put up with at home... Let's just say I wasn't the most popular Mancer there." Fyre smiled, got up and offered his hand to help her up.

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:34 am

Elwyn took his hand as he pulled her up to her feet, picking up her staff and armour along the way. She pulled the leather on and buckled it up again.

"That's not a very comforting thought," she said, wondering what kind of life they lived there. She smiled once more before turning to look at the others, wondering if they were also okay. She knew Fendrel was fine, but she hadn't checked to see if Keen was okay.

When her gaze rested on the wound on the wyverns neck, she pointed her thumb in it's direction. "Good hit, by the way."

Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:39 am

He just shrugged, "Thanks. Keen, you okay?"

Then muttering to himself, "Why in the name of hell did that wyvern attack us? We're no where near a nest or anything."

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 4 Empty Fendrel

Post  The Family God Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:11 am

Fendrel, trying to offer any assistance he could, spoke up, "Don't suppose the thing may have been starving? I mean, it DID try to eat Keen, and hunger *is* known for driving even the gentlest of beasts to near insanity..." he commented, loud enough for the group to hear, "Check the stomach, perhaps? If there's any trace of food in there, then I have no idea what caused it."
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 4 Empty Keen

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Keen went up to the corpse and forced his blade into its gut and split open it's stomach. Sure enough, just stomach acid poured out. But something still seemed... off.

"Do wyvern usually eat elven-kin?"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:32 pm

"Probably not. They may find your thin skin, lack of fat, and strong muscles a bit off...but, hunger IS the best sauce," Fendrel commented, still trying to discern why the wyvern may have attacked. Still, he stuck to his gut feeling, telling himself repeatedly in his mind that it was just hunger.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:38 pm

"Well, we shan't find the answer standing around a corpse. I suggest we press forward, perhaps find a more defensible area to tend to the wounded" Keen said, shaking off the lightheadedness he was getting
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Elwyn sighed at Keen's last statement. This was a road, it was supposed to be a defensible area. Or at least safe. She wondered if the monks would know anything more about Wyverns. Though they lack practical experience, they are very knowledgable in many, many things.

Since she had grown up listening to the monks tell stories about Dragonborn and things like that, Elwyn had a few ideas herself as to why the Wyvern had attacked, but she kept it to herself and nodded at Keen.

"That's a good idea. We should keep moving. It's like this group is a magnet for trouble, and we haven't even been together for more than an hour..."
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Fendrel nodded, "Moving sounds like a good idea right about now. Best I can do for you lot is conjure up a small, protective dome the size of a six-person encampment for all of 10 minutes, and even then the dome would only block arrows at wor-...sorry, rambling again." Shaking his head, he moved down the road, his eyes darting back and forth for anything resembling a place to remain hidden or protected.

"My kingdom for a cave..." he muttered.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:44 pm

"We should probably move a little faster. Last thing we need is for one of us to actually become a snack." Fyre gestured in the direction that they were originally travelling.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Elwyn nodded to the others, and started heading southeast again. She glanced behind her at the body of the wyvern, her eyes narrowing in suspicion, before looking back in front of her. She placed a hand over her wound, wincing a little.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:03 am

Keen walked beside Elwyn and asked "how is your injury?"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:41 am

Elwyn looked up at Keen and smiled softly. "Oh, it's fine. Nothing time won't heal," she let her hand drop again, not wanting to bring attention to it, "what about you? You were in it's mouth, you okay?"
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 4 Empty Keen

Post  Vilkas Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:57 am

Keen chuckled and replied "I am alright, I had worse. Once I killed a wyvern by getting lodged in its throat. That was one year ago from today"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:13 am

Elwyn never killed anything so huge before. She had defended herself from the occasional bandits and wolves, but big things like dragons or trolls or wyverns...

"That sounds nasty. Glad you're alright though."
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:51 am

"My skin is thicker than regular elven-kin" Keen chuckled
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:06 am

Fendrel walked a bit behind the group, once more taking out his book and quill, taking down notes on the group yet again. After a bit of a ways, Fendrel started to grow impatient. Picking up his pace slightly in order to walk alongside Elwyn, he turned to the female, "Ehm...pardon me for asking, but...how far are we from wherever the Dragonborn here need to go?" he asked.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:13 am

Elwyn blinked at Fendrel. Surely he didn't think they'd get there in one day. "It's quite far. There's even a small town along the way, but it will at least take two days to get there from here. It's a little out of the way..." She explained.

"I was hoping we could get to the small town by nightfall and perhaps stay there, before continuing on tomorrow, or something." Elwyn looked down at the book in Fendrel's hands. "What are you always writing about in there?"
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:17 am

Fendrel looked down to his book for a moment, registering Elwyn's question. "Ah, right, ehm...personal notes on those I'm travelling with. You know...their separate powers, abilities in battle, personality traits...my personal grievances with...and so on," he replied, angling the book ever so slightly to ensure that Elwyn couldn't read his writing.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:20 am

Elwyn, who had been leaning forward a little to see what he was writing, pulled back once she saw that it was obvious he didn't want her looking. "...right, okay. Well, good to note I suppose. You can write 'nosy' next to my personality." She joked.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:25 am

Fednrel shook his head once with a chuckle, "Nah, nah...don't really have a flaw written down for you just yet. The main thing for the notes I have for you, though, would be your ancient speech...those strange words you would often speak. Don't suppose you could explain those a bit more so I could stop speculating on what you're saying?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:49 am

"I was never a big fan of towns... If we do get there, you guys think I could just stay out of it? Besides, I don't really want to burn it down by accident." He chuckled sheepishly.

Jumping over to Fendrel, "So...what kind of notes you got in there on me?" He peered over his shoulder.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:56 am

Elwyn faltered. "Um, I just... they're just words I could read from ancient volumes that the monks had. Of course they were furious when they caught me looking at things I shouldn't be, but the words are magic! It's really great. I can do anything, as long as I know the words."

She left out the part where no one was suposed to have the ability or knowledge to read and understand them. She turned to look at Fyre when he bounded over, and smirked at Fendral.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:58 am

Fendrel quickly closed his book, "Ehm...notes on your Mancer traits, your magic, your mannerisms, various notes on what you've mentioned of the rest of your kind," he replied, forcing a smile.

And your over-the-top pride, too... he thought to himself. "While I'm at it, care to explain more of your race? Still got plenty of pages I want to fill out on that," he asked.

Turning to Elwyn quickly, he gave her an acknowledging nod, "So those ancient words are magic...? You can cast spells with them?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:01 am

"Question is, what is it do you want to know?" Fyre's eyebrow went up.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:03 am

Fendrel shrugged, turning to Fyre, "Well, I'd like to know everything from start to finish, but any information you could pass on would be fantastic, really. It goes without saying that, well, Mancers are quite rare...rare enough that we humans have next-to-no notes or information on your kin besides the fact that you exist. Short of that, you're all enigmas."
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:07 am

"Mmmm... In that case, you'll have to wait till we rest, cause there's a lot to cover. Barring in mind that I was never really all that into history."

Considering his next words, "Depending how things go, I might try to take you to the village. No guarantees though, the elders are rigid when it comes to outsiders."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:10 am

Fendrel's face contorted into a wide grin, "Oh, just 'rigid'? Fyre, I would gladly fight a dragon with a butter knife for the chance to research your kind!" he chuckled softly, moving his quill and book back into his pack.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next