Roleplaying Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonborn

4 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Dragonborn - Page 6 Empty Fendrel

Post  The Family God Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:00 am

Fendrel suddenly stood up, pointing to one of the pages in his spellbook, "Found it!" he cried, chuckling for but a moment before he regretted doing so, "Oh...whoops, that's going to require far more out of my magic reserves than I even have...nevermind..." Flipping a few more pages, he found yet another spell that might work. "Okay, this one's a bit easier...give me ten minutes, and the ground here will become as soft as mattresses and to top everything off neither wind, nor arrows, nor insects will enter the little camp," he muttered, his right hand 'drawing' a glyph, each time his hand moved a white line would form into existence as he tapped further into his reserves. As he did so, the mage's eyes closed slowly, and the rest of his body seemed to go rigid.

The Family God

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 6 Empty Keen

Post  Vilkas Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Despite the day's events Keen didn't seem as tired as the others, a bit worn from the fighting, but otherwise he seemed fine.

Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 6 Empty Fyre

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:10 am

Fyre watched Fendrel cast his spell, as he did, his eyes glazed over as his mind drifted to why he was getting this migraine.

He sighed rather heavily, something was happening, but he didn't know what.

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:17 am

Kenn swiftly climbed a nearby tree and got comfy on one of the thicker branches. He never liked laying on the ground, to him it meant death. Keen didn't understand why it meant that to him, but it did.

((As you have probably guessed, Keen is not your average elf. Or is he an elf at all? >: D))

Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:51 am

The glyph in front of Fendrel glowed brightly for but a moment before a wave of arcane energy burst in an orb around him. The human's eyes lit up, "YES! The spell is cast! HaHAH!" he burst into cheerful laughter not a few moments after his sentence. "Well, now that it's all finished, and I feel like I'm about to fall over any moment now, suppose I'll see you all in the morning?" he asked to no one in particular, setting down his pack and laying down on the grass.

The Family God

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 6 Empty Re: Dragonborn

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:03 am

Elwyn clapped a few times at Fendrel, making fun of his excitement. Though when she readjusted herself, she found the the ground really did feel softer, and she couldn't help herself from becoming very impressed. Wow.

"This is really... nice job, thanks," Elwyn said earnestly, appreciating the fact that he apparently used a lot of his reserve just to make things more comfortable for them.

She mumbled a spell and a large loaf of bread appeared in her hand. She got up and walked over to Fyre, who was the closest to her. She broke off a piece of the loaf and held it out to him, but he seemed lost in thought. She waved her hand and called out his name until she got his attention (or he snapped out of his thoughts) and held the bread forward with a smile.

"Want some? It's plain though; I don't know the words for jelly or cream," She said humourously.
Wiccan
Wiccan

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:13 am

Snapping out of his daze, he took the hunk of bread from Elwyn, "Thanks. Give me a bit and I'll have a fire going." He took a bite of it.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:52 am

"Great, sounds good." Elwyn said before walking off to the others.

"Do you guys want some?" She called out to Keen and Fendrel, already dividing the rest of the bread into three parts.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:56 am

Finishing his chunk of bread, Fyre got up, "I'll go looking for some tinder and kindling, maybe if I'm lucky there'll be some small animals around I can catch." He walked deeper into the forest, passing by the tree that Keen was resting in.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:06 am

Keen jumped down, thanked Elwyn for the bread and said "sadly I gave most of my dried meats to the mother and child earlier"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:17 am

Fyre came back with tinder and firewood under his left arm and two rabbits in his right hand, "Got some food guys."

Walking to the center of the camp, he put down the wood and the rabbits and began his business of starting a fire.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Fendrel was already long-since asleep while the rest of the events were going on, a quiet snoring emitting from the human's throat, his form occasionally stirring, seeming to try and find more comfort on the ground.

In his mind, however, he was wide awake. A version of himself was visible, within his mind, travelling across a strange plane filled with clouds, blue atmosphere, and a 'heavenly library' floating near him. The human's form chuckled, floating over to the bookshelves, picking up several spellbooks in his magical grip and reading each of them over in turn.

His little paradise...
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Now with a fire burning, Fyre was busy roasting the pieces of rabbit that he had carved using a small dagger at his belt, "Anyone hungry for some meat?" He looked over his shoulder to the rest of the group.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Keen had finished his bread and thanked Fyre as he accepted a piece of rabbit and finished it in two large bites.

.............he's hungry...................
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:16 am

"I'll have some," Elwyn said, grabbing a piece. It was nice having something other than fruit and bread once in a while. She really had to learn some new words; too bad ancient words aren't readily available.

She looked over at Fendrel, who was already passed out. She smiled at his sleeping form, before taking a seat beside Fyre. After finishing off her rabbit, she looked between the other two still awake.

"I just realised..." Elwyn said as she pulled her knees up to her chest, "I mean, I know that you're a Dragonborn and that means you have to visit all the shrines and harness your powers, but... after all that, you and Keen will have to fight the archdemon..."

She wrapped her arms around her legs and rested her head on her knees, looking sideways at Fyre with a sad expression.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:19 am

Ripping a chunk out of his rabbit, he swallowed before speaking, "Yes, and?" He was remarkably calm despite the task facing him and Keen.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:24 am

Elwyn frowned. "Aren't you scared or anything? I know you grew up with a quest or whatever from your mancer tribe but this is the archdemon we're talking about...!" Elwyn had risen up into a sitting position by the end of her sentence, her hands making gestures in front of her to emphasis how big of a deal this is.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:28 am

Poking at the fire with a stick, Fyre sighed, "I didn't know I was a Dragonborn until about three months ago. Before that, I was just another Mancer. When everyone found out that I was, I had to leave that night with nothing but the clothes I have now, the steel dagger at my waist, and the firesteel blade on my hip."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:32 am

Keen stretched and said "if we don't kill this archdemon it will kill thousands of people. Fear has nothing to do with this. We can not turn back"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:37 am

Looking over at Keen, he nodded slowly, "Aye. That is true."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:40 am

Keen sarcastically added "And if the archdemon doesn't kill us the stress of all the lives on our shoulders will so... yay us"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:41 am

Elwyn looked at Fyre, and then at Keen when he spoke up. Keen had a point, and she knew that, but it just felt odd.

"I don't know, I mean you're risking your lives for this. For centuries the Dragonborn have been defeating the archdemon, and then new ones would defeat it again when it comes back. If it keeps coming back then it feels like we're not actually defeating it, so why do people like you have to risk your lives when we're just stuck in this vicious circle!?"

A thought suddenly struck her. What if... what if for centuries, they've been doing the wrong thing to defeat the archdemon? What if there was a way to defeat him for good and make sure he never came back?

But she shook her head; no, the monks and all the wise men who guided the dragonborn have been doing this for a long time, and they probably knew what they were doing. And if there was a way, wouldn't they have thought of it by now? She shook her head again.

"Sorry, I just... I guess I'm growing attatched to you guys or something. I don't want to see you hurt," She admitted, keeping her eyes on the fire.

(( Long post, but I'm trying to sort of establish a long term plot, if you want to pick up the hints. ))
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:45 am

Fyre gently put a hand on her shoulder, "I've thought of that. A vicious circle, the Archdemon coming back again and time again. I've began to wonder, is there a way to end him once and for all? I'm sure there's something out there that can. And if not, then we can end him for another hundred years."

Smiling, "Thanks, it's good to know that I have friends. My only friends."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:47 am

"Perhaps we can seal its essence?"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:52 am

Elwyn smiled back at Fyre, reaching a hand up to place hers atop of his and squeezing gently.

"Seal it's Essense? What do you mean?" She blinked in confusion at Keen.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:57 am

"At each creature's core lies their esscence, the energy that makes them them. If I'm following right, Keen is saying that we could potentially prevent the Archdemon's core from reforming it's body, thus stopping him coming back." Fyre looked up into the night sky.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:58 am

((thanks Dan -_-))

Keen nodded
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:12 am

Elwyn nodded, thoughts forming in her mind. Well, that could work. She's heard of priests who seal away evil spirits (she didn't know if she believed it though), so why couldn't this work? She laughed internally at herself; she was talking as if she was going to go with them all the way to the final battle.

Well, are you? A small voice in her head asked, and she wasn't sure of the answer.

"It sounds like it should work. You should ask a high priest or a wise man or something more about it," Elwyn suggested before getting up, "I'm a little tired. I think I'm going to sleep."
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:14 am

"Sleep well then Elwyn. I'll stay up a little longer to tend to the fire." Fyre prodded one of the logs to better position in the fire.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:16 am

Keen said good night and, out of habit, kissed Elwyn on the forehead.

"Sorry, I meant nothing by this"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next