Roleplaying Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonborn

4 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Dragonborn - Page 5 Empty Fendrel

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:58 am

Fendrel quickly closed his book, "Ehm...notes on your Mancer traits, your magic, your mannerisms, various notes on what you've mentioned of the rest of your kind," he replied, forcing a smile.

And your over-the-top pride, too... he thought to himself. "While I'm at it, care to explain more of your race? Still got plenty of pages I want to fill out on that," he asked.

Turning to Elwyn quickly, he gave her an acknowledging nod, "So those ancient words are magic...? You can cast spells with them?"

The Family God

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 5 Empty Fyre

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:01 am

"Question is, what is it do you want to know?" Fyre's eyebrow went up.

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:03 am

Fendrel shrugged, turning to Fyre, "Well, I'd like to know everything from start to finish, but any information you could pass on would be fantastic, really. It goes without saying that, well, Mancers are quite rare...rare enough that we humans have next-to-no notes or information on your kin besides the fact that you exist. Short of that, you're all enigmas."

The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:07 am

"Mmmm... In that case, you'll have to wait till we rest, cause there's a lot to cover. Barring in mind that I was never really all that into history."

Considering his next words, "Depending how things go, I might try to take you to the village. No guarantees though, the elders are rigid when it comes to outsiders."

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:10 am

Fendrel's face contorted into a wide grin, "Oh, just 'rigid'? Fyre, I would gladly fight a dragon with a butter knife for the chance to research your kind!" he chuckled softly, moving his quill and book back into his pack.

The Family God

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragonborn

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:14 am

Elwyn kept quiet, because she wasn't quite sure. Fyre talking to Fendrel saved her from having to explain that she couldn't explain. She supposed she could cast spells with them, but she had no idea why she was able to, or how they worked, or if it was just the words or if it was just her. If she, perchance, came across another person that was able to read the ancient words, would they be able to cast spells with them too?

It was supposed to be a Dragonborn's ability to read the words of old, so maybe when they got to the monestary, she could steal those books again and test it out with the other two Dragonborn. Elwyn looked at the others. It was worth a try, and she was sure Fendrel would appreciate the information.
Wiccan
Wiccan

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:17 am

Keen walked silently. He had nothing he could give the scholar.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:25 am

Fendrel sighed, turning his attention forward once more. "Suppose we should wait for most of this interrogation and note-taking for when we stop moving..." he muttered, "Don't suppose anyone packed about four tents?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:49 am

"I think Elwyn mentioned something of a town along this path." Fyre offered.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:56 am

"If you're all okay with that. You said you didn't like staying in towns..." Elwyn said. She had no problem sleeping anywhere really, so it didn't matter to her.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:07 am

Whispering to Elwyn, "I'm saying that for their sake. I had...some bad experiences in towns."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 5 Empty Keen

Post  Vilkas Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:22 am

"If we must rest I can stand guard overnight" Keen offered
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:19 am

"Well, let's just keep moving for now. We'll decide on what to do later when it gets dark." Elwyn suggested. They've been walking for a while now, and she was getting a little hungry though. She went over a mental list of what words to food she knew, and held her hand out in front of her.

"Ic i árærdede ælmeshláfas."

A small roll of bread appeared in her hand, and she smiled as she bit into it, the thought that the others might be hungry too not once crossing her mind.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:25 am

Fendrel looked to Elwyn as she conjured the loaf of bread, his eyes widening in curiousity. "Say, Elwyn...?" he asked the female, "Those...words of yours. Is there any sort of enunciation, pronunciation, or anything of the sort? Or can you just utter those words and cast the spell?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:22 am

"You have to just pronounce it right, I guess, and you have to read the written word and have a good understanding of what it means. At least that's how it works for me..." Elwyn said, and then reached out to quickly grab Fendrel's book and quill from him.

"Before you throw a hissy fit, I won't look at any of your notes," Elwyn turned the page to show him, and then scribbled down æppela, the word for apple. She then explained how to pronounce it.

"So go on, try it. Just make sure to accentuate the 'peh' sound," she finished off, handing him back his book. She wondered if it would work.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:09 am

Fendrel instinctively reached out towards the book and quill as Elwyn took it, but held himself back as she explained why she had grabbed them. After having waited rather impatiently, he took the book and quill back as Elwyn finished writing, reading over the word several times over.

"Well...worth a shot, I suppose..." he muttered. Pausing for a moment, he inhaled deeply, then uttered the single word, "æppela..." As soon as he was finished, he looked to his outstretched hand eagerly.

Sadly, an apple did not bring itself into existence near his hand. With a sigh, he turned to Elwyn with a smirk, "Could never get a spell on the first try, heh..." he chuckled softly.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:34 am

"M-Maybe it just needs practice," Elwyn laughed along with Fendrel, "Just make sure you really understand the word as you say it." It was hard to explain, but as a scholar and a mage, she was sure that, is Fendrel did have the capability to use the words, he would be able to figure it out.

She suddenly got excited. What if someone else could use the words like her? Granted, she'd have to translate all the words for them from the ancient texts, since apparently no one could read them, but still. Wouldn't that be exciting. Elwyn looked up at the sky, trying to judge around what time of the day it was. It was far into the afternoon.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:43 am

"Bah. ærgestréon cásusas. Ancient words." Fyre spat out, "The Mancer Sages had a library of books written in it. I learned little snippets over time. Mainly the reason so many other Mancers liked to make fun of me."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:06 pm

"A whole library?!" Elwyn exclaimed, her whole face brightening up. The monks only had a few volumes at their monestary, so she hadn't learned that much. But think of all the words she could learn from a whole library! She grinned, making a mental note to remind Fyre later that they had to go check out this place.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Snorting, "The Sages are information hoarders at best, they defend their trove like nothing else matters, I got lucky that my father was one of the guards and managed to get me a few scrolls. I can't do anything with words like you can Elwyn, but it helps me to control my own fire powers if I have to do something rather complicated."

Sighing he looked back up at the sky, "It's beginning to get late, so long as you all don't mind sleeping in the dirt, I can light up a fire for all of us." He offered.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:31 pm

Fendrel nodded to Elwyn, "Likely all it is. Like I said, could never get it the first try, didn't say anything about the rest of them."

Turning to Fyre, he took in all the Mancer's words, and his eyes lit up, "A whole...library...full of information, likely untapped by humankind! With not only information on the ancient language...but likely of Mancer history!" he laughed excitedly, "Oh, as soon as we're done with this little trip to the shrine or whatever it is, let's go there!"

Hearing Fyre's last statement, he quickly thought of every spell he could conjure, trying to figure out one he could cast to aid the group. "Ehm...well...uh...I've got a spell to keep wind and arrows at bay for, erm...8 hours, if I stretch it...and I think I there was a spell somewhere in the Alteration section that could make dirt as soft as a bed or mattress...lemme just fish out the spell book," he commented, quickly rummaging about in his pack before pulling out a book with a strange glyph on the front cover. He immediately opened it up and began sifting through the pages, trying to find the aforementioned spell.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Elwyn nodded to the others, watching in silence as fendrel looked through another book. She wondered how many books he was carrying. Either way, if he could find a spell that helped them during the night, that would be very courteous. She hoped it didn't strain him or anything during the night, though. She wasn't sure how magic worked.

Unfortunately, she didn't know any ancient words that would make a bed appear out of thin air. She tried doing a spell one time that made a bed out of earth, but it backfired when thorned vines and pine needles started forming together to make a bed.

Needless to say, Elwyn had slept on the ground that night.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:15 am

Keen stretched and said "I guess we rest here then"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:37 am

Flopping down on a log and hand covering his eyes, Fyre groaned, "What a day.... First getting thunked on the head with an apple, meeting a number of people, then getting attacked by a starving wyvern, and now.... Ugh." He felt a bit sick, but was nothing compared to the migraine he was getting from the Mancer "Hive Mind."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:37 am

Elwyn winced a little in guilt at Fyre's words, but she knew she had already apologized. The group had moved off the road, and she sat down at the base of a tree. They would have to get something to eat. The thought of her just creating a bunch of food came into her head, but they all looked pretty self sufficient. She'd only magic them up some food if they were in a really dire situation. She briefly remembered the monks telling her something about the balance of nature or something stupid like that.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:00 am

Fendrel suddenly stood up, pointing to one of the pages in his spellbook, "Found it!" he cried, chuckling for but a moment before he regretted doing so, "Oh...whoops, that's going to require far more out of my magic reserves than I even have...nevermind..." Flipping a few more pages, he found yet another spell that might work. "Okay, this one's a bit easier...give me ten minutes, and the ground here will become as soft as mattresses and to top everything off neither wind, nor arrows, nor insects will enter the little camp," he muttered, his right hand 'drawing' a glyph, each time his hand moved a white line would form into existence as he tapped further into his reserves. As he did so, the mage's eyes closed slowly, and the rest of his body seemed to go rigid.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Despite the day's events Keen didn't seem as tired as the others, a bit worn from the fighting, but otherwise he seemed fine.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:10 am

Fyre watched Fendrel cast his spell, as he did, his eyes glazed over as his mind drifted to why he was getting this migraine.

He sighed rather heavily, something was happening, but he didn't know what.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:17 am

Kenn swiftly climbed a nearby tree and got comfy on one of the thicker branches. He never liked laying on the ground, to him it meant death. Keen didn't understand why it meant that to him, but it did.

((As you have probably guessed, Keen is not your average elf. Or is he an elf at all? >: D))
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:51 am

The glyph in front of Fendrel glowed brightly for but a moment before a wave of arcane energy burst in an orb around him. The human's eyes lit up, "YES! The spell is cast! HaHAH!" he burst into cheerful laughter not a few moments after his sentence. "Well, now that it's all finished, and I feel like I'm about to fall over any moment now, suppose I'll see you all in the morning?" he asked to no one in particular, setting down his pack and laying down on the grass.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next